From exfoliants to eyeliner, the beauty industry pumps out a plethora of products. If you are someone who loves beauty products, or just want a piece of that pie, it may be time to join an affiliate marketing program in this glamorous arena.
How Does the Sephora Affiliate Program Work?
One of the biggest names in the beauty game is Sephora, so it goes to follow that its beauty affiliate program has a wide pool of opportunities for beauty influencers. This affiliate program partners with the Rakuten affiliate network to provide its member affiliates with the tools and marketing materials they need to succeed.
Simply put, once you successfully become a member of the Sephora Affiliate Program, you have access to over 200 popular brands and 13,000 products. You then post affiliate links to certain products on your site or social media platform. Sephora affiliates earn at least 5% commission on sales they make through affiliate links.
Key Takeaways for the Sephora Affiliate Program
- Be aware there is a cookie duration time of only 24 hours.
- You can earn commission on all products.
- There are no brand restrictions on earning commission rates.
- You’ll get free shipping for orders over $50.
- You’ll get free samples with every order.
- Get exclusive product early releases and offers through the newsletter.
- Get access to customized promotions, special offers and banners for linking.
How Much Can You Make in the Sephora Affiliate Program?
Typically, affiliates make at least a 5% commission on all sales made through links they post on their website or other platforms. There are even some product categories that can earn you a 10% commission per sale.
Consistently posting affiliate links is the key to success with the Sephora Affiliate Program — the dollar amount you’ll end up with depends entirely on how many people you can get to click those links.
Sephora Affiliate Program Payout Threshold
Keep in mind that there is a $50 threshold for monthly payments — if you do not reach that minimum, your commissions will roll over to the next month. Rakuten processes all payment details and issues your money via physical check or direct deposit.
How To Join the Sephora Affiliate Program
When you apply to become an affiliate for Sephora, be aware that it may take a long time for Sephora to review your application. That being said, the application process is quite straightforward. It’s just four steps:
- Step 1: Go to Sephora’s website and complete the Sephora Affiliate online application and registration. You’ll need to provide your contact information and a few details about your company and website.
- Step 2: Allow time for a Sephora representative to review your application and information.
- Step 3: After being approved, you can begin posting affiliate links to your website or other social media platforms.
- Step 4: Keep track of your progress and the commissions you earn.
Sephora Affiliate Program Requirements
While the application is straightforward, there are a few things you’ll need in advance to join the program.
- You must have a reputable website or mobile app with a niche in the beauty industry.
- Already having a large following will make your application likely to be approved.
- It is good to know how affiliate links work.
The application will expect you to know how many unique users and page views per month your website gets, as well as the date it was established. Rakuten also specifies that your site should provide “unique, quality content… that adds value for your visitors.”
How To Promote Your Sephora Affiliate Links
Promotion of the links you post is imperative to your success rate and how much potential commission you can earn from sales. The following are examples of popular ways successful influencers promote products to get those click-throughs:
- Product reviews
- Product tutorial videos
- Product round-ups and comparisons
- Product run-throughs for daily routines
Types of Sephora Products You Can Promote
With thousands of products from hundreds of brands to choose from, if you are already a beauty influencer or looking to grow in that field, the Sephora Affiliate Program is a target-rich environment. Here are just a few examples of the types of products you can promote through affiliate links you post to make some additional income:
- Bath and body product lines
- Brushes, tools and other equipment
- Fragrance and perfumes
- Hair care products
Final Take To GO
Sephora is a well-known and respected entity in the beauty industry, so if you are looking to level up your side hustle as a beauty influencer, the Sephora Affiliate Program may be a great fit for you. So after you dot your eyeliners and cross your T-zones with a pore cleansing mask, look into applying to be an affiliate today.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about the Sephora Affiliate Program, what it is and how it works.
- What does the Sephora Affiliate Program pay?
- The Sephora Affiliate Program pays at least a 5% commission on all sales made through links you post on your website or other social media platforms. There are even some product categories that can earn you a 10% commission per sale.
- Does Sephora have affiliates?
- Yes, Sephora has a beauty affiliate program. You can apply through Sephora's website if you are already an influencer with a reasonably large following.
- Is the Ulta affiliate program worth it?
- As with any beauty affiliate program, Ulta's can be worth it if you put the right amount of effort into it. Ulta is a well-organized and recognized name in the beauty industry, so it can be a great platform to affiliate with.
- How do you get paid for reviews at Sephora?
- You can get paid for reviewing products at Sephora by posting an affiliate link to that product on a review you post to your website or social media platform. Any follower of yours that clicks on your link and then buys that product will earn you a commission on the sale ranging anywhere from 5% to 10%.
Information is accurate as of May 26, 2023.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.